EUTRO-CLEAR is a safe and natural microbial product used to improve the quality of pond and lake water, as well as the water in aquaculture systems.
EUTRO-CLEAR is a made of concentrated blends of bacteria in a dry power form ( 5 billion CFU per gram). These natural bacteria are in a dormant state. EUTRO-CLEAR uses these bacteria for removing excess nutrients from a eutrophied pond or lake in process called bioaugmentation.
There are literally millions of different naturally occurring microbes in our world. EUTRO-CLEAR uses specific strains of microbes.
The microbes reduce the nutrients in the water. Nutrient removal from the water results is the elimination of algae growth, known as algal blooms. Other bacteria reduce suspended particulate matter and organic sediment, reducing bottom sludge. This helps to eliminate foul odors and makes the pond or lake cleaner. Water clears, water quality improves and by removing the overload of nutrients, the water returns to a naturally balanced ecosystem. More information on microbes in pond water.
What role does Oxygen play?
Successful bioremediation of ponds and lake waters depends on a proper combination of nutrients, oxygen, and microbes.
While facultative anaerobes may function in the presence or absence of oxygen, aerobic activity is the preferred method for many contaminants. When bacteria have available oxygen, and hence function aerobically, they produce roughly eighteen times as much energy as anaerobic activity yields. This results in faster, more aggressive remediation.
However, Oxygen is important only in the higher levels of a natural water column. Benthic regions are populated by obligate anaerobes responsible for the
digestion of sludge, anaerobic digestion, this the natural way of converting nitrates ( a primary nutrient) to nitrous oxide gas, returning nitrogen back to the atmosphere.
Oxygen applied to the lower levels of a natural lake or
an old established pond are typical erroneous methods employed by engineering firms.
D.O. greater than 1.8mg/l will disinfect (kill) obligate anaerobes (beneficial bacteria) and methanogens (swamp gas) will be generated.
Augmented facultative heterotrophic bacteria settling into these benthic regions will speed up sludge digestion and reduce odors by using an alternate electron acceptor other than oxygen.
To purchase EUTRO-CLEAR
- Limiting Factors
CONTAINS: BACTERIA COUNT
Minimum CFU Count.......... 5 billion/gram
A natural microbial blend contains select facultative bacteria that have been isolated for their ability to perform highly specific, beneficial functions
- Protein Digesting Bacteria
- Starch Digesting Bacteria
- Fat Digesting Bacteria
- Cellulose/Lignin Digesting Bacteria
EUTRO-CLEAR is in 25lb plastic containers.
For the reduction of organic pollutants in pond and lake water. Reduces the potential for anaerobic conditions and foul odors.
For storm water run -off, non-point source contamination from agricultural areas and for lakes that are affected by leachates from septic systems or industrial areas.
- To reduce algae, cyanobacteria - blue-green algae, scum, sludge and odor.
- Reduces turbidity and improves water clarity.
- formulated to break down feed wastes, fish manures and organic detritus.
- Combats problems found in sludge at the bottom of ponds, lakes and rivers.
- EUTRO-CLEAR will typically clear up water in 2 - 12 weeks.
- EUTRO-CLEAR works best when water temperatures are between 70 - 100°F.
- To be used as a prophylactic prior to an outbreak of algae blooms or as a maintenance product after a full probiotic remediation treatment
PONDS: Start with 6 lbs per acre-foot (1200 cubic meters or 325,830 gallons) week 1.
Then use 2 pounds (2 lb/ 1Kg) per acre-foot twice a month, reducing to once a month when the water begins to clear.
For heavy build-up: treat weekly with 6 pounds per acre foot per week for three weeks, then with 2 pounds once or twice a month thereafter.
Higher dosages of Eutro-Clear produce higher BOD levels and should be used where there is adequate oxygenation. Levels of dissolved oxygen levels (4mg/L or greater) should be maintained.
General application rates are entirely dependent on the current contamination levels and the flow rate of the water.
- Product requirements are based on per acre / foot of water and the nutrient levels in the water. Applications can be made when water temperature reaches 55 ° F. This application should be made prior to the presence of green water.
- If initial application occurs when green water and algae is already present, shock dosages will be required and repeated at 2 - 4 day intervals until there is an improvement in water clarity. Then revert to a weekly dose then, every 2 week and then to a monthly maintenance dose once the water is clear.
- During this time, nutrient levels should continued to be monitored.
- Application should be made in the late afternoon as the initial period of darkness will favor bacterial growth over the blue-green algae - cyanobacteria.
Discontinue the use of ultraviolet sterilizers, foam fractionators (protein skimmers), and ozone generators after the introduction of Eutro-Clear SB or any other microbial product.
Do not add Eutro-Clear to any pond or system if antibiotics or anti-bacterial compounds are in use or if total copper concentration exceeds 0.05 ppm.
STORAGE and HANDLING
Storage - Store in a cool, dry place
Handling - Avoid excessive inhalation. Wash hands thoroughly with warm, soapy water after handling.
Shelf-Life: 5 years
Bacteria cannot degrade dirt, rock, sand or other inorganic substances. Probiotics cannot survive in fluctuating extremes of temperature and pH or when high levels of metals or biocides are present.
- Effective pH Range is 5.5 - 8.5
- Optimum pH is around 7.5
- Effective Temperature Range is 55 - 110°F (12.7 - 43.3°C)
- Optimum Temperature Range is 75 - 90°F (23.9 - 32.2°C)
- Maximum Growth is at 80 - 85°F (26.7 - 29.4°C)
- Growth is Reduced by 50% at 68°F (20.0°C)
- Growth is Reduced by 75% at 50°F (10.0°C)
- No Growth Will Occur Below 40°F (4.4°C)
- Minimum Dissolved Oxygen (DO) Level is 2.0 ppm for effective aerobic activity
- Copper Levels Must Be Below 0.05 ppm
- Double recommended dosage if water temperature is 68°F (20°C) or less.
- Double recommended dosage for use in saline waters (salinity >8 parts per thousand).
- If alkalinity is lower than 120ppm a buffering agent will be required